Let me begin this post by saying that I do not like pumpkin pie. Except apparently pumpkin pie made by my friend Charlotte. THIS WAS THE BEST PIE I’VE EVER TASTED!
The filling recipe went something like this:
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can Pure Pumpkin
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can Sweetened Condenced Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Some cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, and garam masala.
The crust recipe:
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, chilled and diced
- 1/4 cup ice water
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine sugar, salt, and spices in a small bowl. Beat eggs in a large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mix. Gradually add evaporated milk. Pour into pie shell.
- Cut up pecan pieces into very small chunks and sprinkle them on top of the filling.
- Bake for 15 minutes and reduce temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes.
- Enjoy heartily.
I might gain 20 pounds this quarter but I will enjoy it heartily.